Labels

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A little more about me

            Hello, my name is Ford Smiley. You already know a bit about me from my posts. Now I'm just going to come straight out with it. And here it is:
           
            I was born November twenty-second in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Soon after I was born my Dad got sent on deployment. (Dad's in the U. S. Navy.) Mom and I stayed with my grandparents, Memaw and Pop, for a while then moved to Jacksonville, Florida. Soon after we moved, 9/11 took place. Years more passed and when I was two, my brother, Owen, was born. Dad came to see Owen and so did many other relatives. I really enjoyed them all. More years passed and we moved to Pensacola, Florida. Owen and I got along well as he grew up and Dad wasn't on deployment anymore either and so life was nearly perfect until....pre-school. Pre-school, I hated it on the first day and so always looked at it with agony. But now that I'm in fourth grade, pre-school seems like heaven. After awhile we moved yet again. This time not changing cities or states, but houses. So we got settled in and Owen and I, (As he got older we started doing alot together, as you will soon see) started ringing are next-door neighbors' doorbells to see if they had any kids. On the second try we struck gold. They had a kid whose name was Caleb. Well Caleb, Owen, and I would play toghether every day we could. Then I, the oldest with Caleb also in the same grade but going to a different school, went to KINDERGARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was many months of torture.

                                                   (To be continued)

2 comments:

  1. I remember those years well. Pop and I were happy to have you at our house when you were first born. Your first house in Jacksonville was very cute. Your Mom did a great job taking care of you while your Dad was on deployment. Her experiences gave her ideas for her future columns and books.

    Owen was a joy to welcome into the world. He was a very sweet little baby. You were a good big brother to him. I remember visiting and watching you get on that big old school bus to go to kindergarten. I bet Owen wished he could go to school with you back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you loved preschool! You always seemed really happy there. Remember all your friends -- Blake, especially.

    I know you guys miss Caleb, but you have great new friends here in Maine, too.

    One thing I will always remember about you as a baby: when I took you to the grocery store, you smiled ear-to-ear at everyone who passed by. You were a beautiful, happy baby!

    ReplyDelete