Labels

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dinner With the Smileys

Recently, Sarah Smiley came up with the idea that there would be 52 dinners for the 52 weeks her husband, Dustin Smiley, is on deployment. Currently there have been 6 dinners. We were able to talk to Sarah Smiley about Dinner With the Smileys.
"I thought [Dinner With the Smileys] would be a good way to pass the time and be around people, [but now] I think [it's] more than passing the time, it's getting to know people. We've had Senator Susan Collins, Lindell's teacher [Mrs.O'Connor], Dr. Haddix [our minister], Mayor Cary Weston, Jennifer Lloyd, and the Mazzeis." When I asked her who's coming next she told me it's a secret.
If you've seen Sarah's Facebook page, you've seen some of the photographs. These are done by Andrea Hand, a Maine artist who specializes in fine art and photography. I asked Sarah Smiley why she chose Andrea Hand. Here's what she had to say.
"I like her work and she took our family photos last year. She had an idea she offered to me and I said 'I hope your idea is to photograph my dinners.'"
So now they are working together on Dinner With the Smileys. You can check their progress in Sarah's column in the Bangor Daily or on either Smiley's or Hand's Facebook pages. And right here at the Smiley Prophet! I assure you, we'll have the info up first! We've got our best reporter, Ford Smiley, on the dinners! So stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Pop and I (and all my friends) are enjoying reading about "Dinner with the Smileys". What a great idea y'all had! Keep us up to date on the Smiley Prophet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're interested. I'll be covering it so stay in tune!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see the Smiley Prophet buzzing again. I look forward to all the articles. That is a well-written article and makes me want to come back for more updates. I plan to check back here weekly for my Dinner with the Smileys updates and hope to see other articles on additional important current events topics as well.

    Please renew my subscription!

    ReplyDelete